Interested in joining our team? Flagstaff Shelter Services is comprised of a team of compassionate, motivated people who see the possibilities in our community.
To apply for a position please email firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. FSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Coordinator at Flagstaff Shelter Services has a responsibility to meet the basic needs of those clients staying at the shelter. These obligations include the following:
- Provide a safe environment;
- Promote fair and consistent treatment to all shelter clients and staff;
- Maintain a clean and healthy building;
- Create a professional environment free from racism, sexual harassment, prejudice, and other offensive behavior;
- Establish “professional only” relationships with clients.
Coordinators are responsible for the following objectives:
Team Leadership: By effectively guiding, educating, delegating, and communicating with assistants, coordinators will provide a positive environment and needed tools for assistants to be effective at their jobs;
Public Interaction: Coordinators will interact with outside resources, partners, and the public from time to time. All interaction with these groups will be professional, keeping the best interests of the shelter in mind.
Service: Coordinators will provide quality service and supportive interaction to all clients in a compassionate and professional manner.
Efficiency: Workflow, and upholding Standards: Coordinators will ensure that Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are followed and all documentation is completed. Work will be performed in a cost effective and service oriented manner and performance of all work duties including attendance at all required staff meetings and training.
** If interested in the Shelter Coordinator position, please submit your current resume to email@example.com and to receive the complete job description.
EMPLOYMENT PROGRAM SUPERVISOR:
General Description: The Employment Program Supervisor performs case work duties and related work as required that supports the mission of Flagstaff Shelter Services. Relevant experience working with people experiencing homelessness is mandatory. A Masters in Social Work or related field is preferred. This is a Full Time Exempt position and salary is $40,000-$46,000, dependent on experience and education. FSS is an EOE.
- Hire, train and supervise the FSS Employment Navigator.
- Ensure smooth implementation of tailored employment services to meet the needs of individuals experiencing homelessness.
- Provide opportunities for professional development and mentorship for Employment Navigator.
- Provide individuals experiencing homelessness with job readiness, placement, and retention services.
- Broker jobs for individuals experiencing homelessness with local employer partners.
- Further develop partnerships with employers, community partners, and other service providers.
- Assist in the development of funding proposals to support project sustainability.
- Report monthly on evaluation metrics monthly to highlight housing successes and challenges.
- Represent FSS in the community as needed.
- Work collaboratively with FSS Housing Case Managers to promote improved client outcomes.
- Perform related work as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings as appropriate.
** This is a full-time, salaried position.
** If interested, please send a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.